Louisiana State University
- Howard Dobson enters his 6th season as an assistant coach at LSU. He serves as the program’s hitting coach and assists with recruiting.
- Highly regarded as one of the best hitting coaches in the nation, Dobson has helped take 5 teams to the Women’s College World Series: LSU – 2016, 2015, 2012; Oklahoma – 2004, 2003.
- During his tenure at LSU, the Tigers offense has surged to new heights:
- In 2016, LSU produced the 4th most hits in program history, 2nd most runs scored, 4th most total bases and 2nd most RBIs. The team also set a single season mark for walks with 315.
- The 2015 Tigers set five team statistical records in batting average (.335), slugging percentage (.523), on-base percentage (.425), RBIs (392) and runs scored (428).
- The 2014 team earned the 2nd highest team batting average in program history at .314, while the squad’s 65 home runs were the most in a single year in program history.
- LSU turned in a 65-point improvement in batting average from the 2012 to 2013 season, improving it another 30 points to jump from .220 to .314 during that span.
- Dobson has been heavily involved with USA Softball over the last 4 summers. He served as an assistant coach on the USA Softball Elite Team in 2012 and the USA Softball Women’s National Team in 2013.
- Prior to coming to LSU, Dobson spent the previous 4 seasons as the head coach of Southern Miss, and as an assistant coach at Oklahoma for 5 seasons. While at Oklahoma, he helped the Sooners develop their reputation as an offensive juggernaut, and he played an instrumental role as OU made trips to the Women’s College World Series in 2003 and 2004.
Howard’s ability to develop hitters with solid, powerful swings, strong mentalities and the capacity to hit within their game plan make him a great addition to our Hitting Summit ~Cindy