University of Tennessee
- A 20-year collegiate softball head coaching veteran boasting 997 career wins, Karen Weekly and her husband Ralph just completed their 15th season at the helm of the Tennessee softball program.
- Weekly has guided UT to 754 victories, 2 National runner-up finishes, 5 top 3 national finishes and 7 WCWS appearances.
- In 2016, the Vols had a high-powered offense that ranked among the nation’s leaders in runs per game, batting average, on-base percentage, slugging percentage and triples. UT’s 426 runs scored were the most since 2006. UT also set a new program record with a .446 on-base percentage and blasted 57 home runs, marking the 4th straight year eclipsing the 50-homer plateau.
- With the Weekly’s at the helm, the Vols have had:
- 55 Louisville Slugger/NFCA All-Region selections
- 32 Louisville Slugger/NFCA All-America selections
- 66 All-SEC or All-Freshman selections
- Weekly has coaches a number of outstanding players, including USA Softball National Player of the Year and Olympian Monica Abbott, Shipman, Ellen Renfro, Rainey Gaffin, Raven Chavanne, Lauren Gibson, and numerous others.
- Throughout the Weeklys tenure at Tennessee the Vols have been known for tremendous speed, skyrocketing batting averages and outstanding fielding percentages.
Karen’s attention to detail and knowledge of the Slapping game is second to none. Her ability to utilize her hitter’s speed to consistently get on base and exploit opposing defenses makes her a great addition to our Hitting Summit ~Cindy