- Beth Torina is in her 5th season at the helm of the LSU softball program. Under Torina’s leadership, the Tigers have returned to national prominence with a 50-win and two 40-win seasons, and trips to the Women’s College World Series in 2012 and 2015.
- The Tigers 2015 season was one for the ages: A 25-game winning streak; the program’s first ever No. 1 ranking; a trip to the Women’s College World Series; Tigers freshmen pitchers Carley Hoover and Allie Walljasper earned NFCA 3rd team All American honors, and Hoover was named the Louisiana Pitcher of the Year.
- In 2013, LSU pitcher Rachele Fico earned NFCA 1 st Team All American honors for the second straight season, was a USA Softball Top 25 Player of the Year finalist, and a Senior Class Award Top 10 finalist.
- In 2012, Torina guided the LSU pitching staff to a stifling 1.58 staff ERA which tied for second-lowest in the SEC.
- Torina has proven herself a great coach, program builder, and developer of players at both the college and professional ranks. At the professional level, she was head coach of the USSSA Pride when the team captured the 2012 Ringer Cup trophy awarded to the league’s regular season champion. At the collegiate level, her players and teams at LSU, Florida International, the University of Houston, and Stetson University achieved heights and success they had never known before.
- Beth’s ability to solve pitching problems in a creative & innovative way while balancing both the Head Coach and Pitching Coach makes her extremely Valuable to our Pitching Summit.